Or maybe, last week I was reminded again that I am old. The truth is, I've been old for more than a week. I learned about the Jonah Brothers when CNN popped up an entertainment headline proclaiming that they were virgins. "Bully for them," I thought "Who the hell are they? What are they doing on my lawn?" Some type of musical act the kids are all listening to nowadays. These kids and their Knuckleback and Naomi Wyoming. Lawrence Welk would have shown those punks what... where was I? Where am I?
Oh yeah, how old I am. Older, in fact, than:
- A pitcher who threw a no-hit inning in the All Star game.
- The female lead in her third season on a primetime TV show.
- The guy who led my fantasy baseball team's pitching staff two seasons ago.
- The guy who won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest two season ago
- And lest you think I'm only including young people excelling in young people's professions...The author of Story of a Soul and a Doctor of the Church.
People younger than me
Well, I guess it could be worse. At least I'm not:
- Dating Mickey Rourke
- Dating Mel Gibson
- Dating Vladimir Putin(what's the deal with all these Russian models? Other than the chance to live a life not centered around poverty and vodka consumption, I suppose)
- Married to (then widowed by) an 82 year old
People Less Fortunate Than Me
Well, you know what they say: You're only as old as the police can prove you are. Peace out, homies!