It's that 90% of Computer Scientists Who Make the Other 10% Of Us Look Like Nerds

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketI drove past a firehouse today with a couple of engineer friends and we discussed how unfair life is for engineers and computer scientists like us. For some reason, women go crazy for firemen, but "I'm a computer programmer" is not an effective pickup line. Why is that the case?

Well, I came home and, to my dismay, found out exactly why. An artificial intelligence researcher in the Netherlands just published a thesis entitled "Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners." I'm not making this up. It's about the possibility of humans marrying artificially intelligent robots.

Doesn't this guy realize that he is just setting us back even further? Or do he and his robo-wife not care about the rest of us?